Software Engineer - Full Stack
Vubble’s on a mission and we’re searching for a Full Stack Developer to join us.
We’re tackling fake news, mis- and dis-information online. We are imagining the future of media, particularly how people will recognize and consume evidence-based information, and we’re building the tools needed to get there. We’ve brought on enterprise clients and we’re poised for growth.
Our team is a group of smart, independent, values-driven professionals. The Full Stack Developer will be responsible for working across our tech stack, mainly the server side functionality including our analysis engine. You’ll play a leadership role as we build out our tech team.
Here are some of the Technical skills we need:
- Working knowledge of, and great interest in, building machine learning systems, including deep neural networks. The more experience building systems, testing, debugging machine learning in the world, the better.
- An in-depth understanding of databases relational or NoSQL, preference for experience with MongoDB.
- Professional experience working with Node.js, Ruby, or Python.
- Experience building and working with scalable systems that are used by a high volume of users.
- Experience building secure software.
- Some experience deploying and running applications in a cloud environment such as AWS, Azure or Digital Ocean.
- Some experience working in an Agile development environment.
In order to shine in this role, you would also need to:
- Work well independently
- Possess great communication skills
- Love creating new solutions to big problems
- Want to have a significant impact on a small company
- Play well with others
- Prefer to develop solutions from inception to launch to enhancements
- Be concerned about misinformation online and want to do something about it
Interested? Send an email to email@example.com and tell us:
- A little bit about yourself
- Projects or hacks you’re especially proud of
- Code snippets or your github/twitter usernames
- Resume or Linkedin Profile
*We understand that experience comes in many forms. If you have some of the experience we’re after, and a bunch of transferable skills, apply. We’d love to talk with you.
Vubble is based in Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario and Toronto, Ontario, Canada.